DI Reminders and Updates (and links)
Initially sent December 10, 2019
- The resource area on our Pennsylvania DI website is live – it has many great resources, so check it out here: http://pennsylvaniadi.org/index.php/team-resources/
- A new resource that has just been added is a running list of all of the important emails that I have sent so far this season. I know that some of you have recently been added as team managers, so this is a great way to go back and see what you might have missed. Check it out here: http://pennsylvaniadi.org/index.php/team-resources/team-correspondence/
- Registration for all of our upcoming events are now open:
- Skills Workshop/Training Day – January 18th – this is a great way to start off your 2020 and help your team build skills and techniques that will help them at the tournament. http://pennsylvaniadi.org/index.php/training-event/ for more information and to register. Registration closes on January 8th.
- Team Showcase – February 29th – what’s better than a dress rehearsal in front of a live audience to get your team ready for the tournament? Bring your team to our first ever Team Showcase and work the bugs out in a low stress environment (PS, bring your team’s appraiser and the showcase fee will be waived!). For more info and to register visit http://pennsylvaniadi.org/index.php/team-showcase/. Registration closes on February 7th.
- 2020 Affiliate Tournament – March 21 – This is it, the main event! It’s what your team has been working towards all season, so make sure you get your registration in early (it closes on February 21st) http://pennsylvaniadi.org/index.php/get-involved/tournaments/tournament-registration/
- Finally – you MUST submit your youth protection policy paperwork; it is due 60 days after you purchase your team number, and at least 7 days before an event you participate in (that means for those participating in the training, you must submit your paperwork by January 11th). For many of you, the 60 day deadline is coming up soon. Check out our Policies and Procedures page for more info http://pennsylvaniadi.org/index.php/get-involved/policies-and-procedures/
3 Huge DI Announcements
Initially sent November 16, 2019
Hello PADI Coordinators and Team Managers!
- Our Team Resource Area is now live on the PADI website!
- Details and signup for the Team Training/Skills Workshop event are now live!
- Details and signup for the FIRST EVER PADI Team Showcase are now live!
Pennsylvania DI – Registration Now Open
Initially sent November 9, 2019
Good afternoon DI coordinators!
Welcome to Pennsylvania DI
Initially sent October 28, 2019
Good evening Destination Imagination Program Coordinators! Welcome to another exciting year of DI in Pennsylvania!
- We are currently looking in to providing some online webinars for Team Manager training. When we provided these trainings in the past, it was an opportunity for team managers from your programs to hear more about the DI process, get some tips and tricks on managing their teams throughout the year, and more information on the processes teams will have to follow. If you are interested in these opportunities, please let me know and I will coordinate with the training team!
- We will be hosting a training event for teams this year. The tentative date is January 18th. This event will provide your teams opportunities to learn new skills and practice them in a hands on environment, including practicing Instant Challenges.
- New this year – we are tentatively planning on holding a Showcase event for teams. This will be an opportunity for teams to present their solutions before a real live audience and get that “dress rehearsal” before the official tournament. It will be completely optional, but we think this will be a great way to give teams additional experience and the ability to show off their creativity and work out the bugs before the official tournament day. Please stay tuned for more information. We are looking at late February for this event.
- The official 2020 Pennsylvania DI Affiliate Tournament will be held on March 21, 2020 in Elizabethtown, PA. More information on the registration process and requirements will be posted on the website in the coming weeks. Please remember that all teams who compete at the tournament must provide at least 1 volunteer who will serve as an appriaser during the tournament; more information will be forthcoming, but start recruiting now! More information on volunteering can be found here.